Sunday, April 6, 2008

What We did for Spring Break

Spring Break was a ball. We spent way too much time driving from New Mexico to Idaho, but thanks to books on CD, we hardly noticed. Just for the record, we listened to the entire book of "Eldest" - that's 24 hours of listening. My kids are great travelers.



Shon and I took the kids skiing/snowboarding with my sister Kim and her boys. They're getting pretty good. Em even did a "black diamond" without falling! You go girl.




Here we are climbing up to the Balanced Rock, which, surprise, is a big balancing rock.

The best part of our trip was being with family. The kids had so much fun getting to know their cousins. I read a couple of good books in the off time. "Summers at Castle Auburn" was a great read. Thanks Ash for the recommendation. I loved every minute. And "Book of a Thousand Days" by Shannon Hale. (I love Shannon Hale!) Good read.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a great trip. It was so fun to see you. I was sad that we didn't get to chat a little more, but we'll catch you again, I'm sure. I have never read "Eldest". Is it good for younger kids too, or should I wait a few more years?

Kimberly said...

We totally needed some pictures of the twins on the mountain. That is something I will never forget. We had a blast with you guys too.


Cassie--I have read Eregon (the first book) and Eldest (the second) to my boys twice. Austin usually falls asleep but Dal and Lan love them. I wouldn't say they are really little kid books though. Rustin and I love them too. Don't bother with the movie! Juli what did you think of the whole elves part in Eldest?
Kim

Anthony and Kristie said...

Go Emily, you are so brave. Balancing rock looks cool, it really is balancing.

Shar said...

Juli,
The blog looks great! I don't check it for a while, and I come back to a professional blogger!

I love Idaho! But it is a terribly long drive up there from Farmington. Looks like tons of fun!

Tara said...

It was wonderful to see you and Shon at the wedding. I'm so bummed that I forgot to get the books from you though! Great blog! Where do you find the time?